Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chapter 3

Ruth's at the threshing floor. This is an interesting chapter, Naomi basically tells Ruth to let Boaz know she's available for marriage. What strikes me most about this chapter was this:

10 "The LORD bless you, my daughter," he replied. "This kindness is greater than that which you showed earlier: You have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor. 11 And now, my daughter, don't be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character.

Boaz tells Ruth, that his fellow townsmen know that she is of Noble character. I believe too that it's not because she goes around saying look at me, look at what I've been through, I've risen above my circumstances and I still trust in my God.
I believe she was meek, she was hard working and dependable. I believe Ruth would've been the best friend you could ask for. I think she's in the bible for women to take a look at and say I should be more like her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, thanks for commenting on my SCL post today. Your blog title and design are great! It's good to make your 'blog acquaintance.' Hope to see you around again. God bless and happy blogging!