Monday, August 25, 2008

Rest.....

Today I read a verse that one of my friends has on her facebook page its Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Read that verse. Fight is defined as to contend with in battle;war against. Still is defined as remaining in place or at rest; motionless; stationary. Even though this is not a complicated verse, let me reword it The Lord will contend in battle for you, you only need to remain in place, be motionless, do nothing! How many times do we do this...actually rest. At the very core of my being if there is trouble in my life, or in someone I care about's lives I want to FIGHT!, but it states clearly in this verse in Exodus sometimes too often we take things in our own hands and forget to wait on the Lord. The Tomlin Song "Everlastin God" says it best that "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord". So, I guess the next time we are quick to fix our problems Be STILL!!

No comments: