Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Community


True community, this is what every person desires, in church or out of church. This concept of doing life together, having someone actually care when things are going well in your life or more importantly when things are down. If you are married and are lucky enough to have an understanding spouse, this can happen on the homefront, but as a woman I must say, not only my husband but a few women that I let into my "world" make all the difference.

That's the hard part about community you have to be real, when someone asks you how your doing a simple pretty good won't cut it. It also takes effort and time, two things of true scarcity in our world today. What me slow down and take time to listen?? Well I just don't have time for that! Fortunately God is teaching me to take time, and its in this time I've realized in a small way this is the stuff that really matters.

What's interesting is the group of people that God may have for you to be with is not necessarily people that you would envision. For example, my group is not all twenty somethings, its younger people and older and its a beautiful mix. My advice to anyone is take time for people and be real never be afraid to be real, someone may be going through something you've experienced and you can make a difference. The beautiful thing is when you need them they will return the favor.


No comments: