Monday, March 16, 2009

John

For some reason this morning, I decided to start a journey through the gospel of John.
I started in Chapter One and didn't even make it all the way through the first chapter, not because of lack of interest but because it didn't take long for God to reveal something awesome to me. The particular verse that hit me today was:
John 1:10-13
10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

This blew my mind this morning. Especially in verse 12. All who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. Look at 13, not of natural, of human decision, but born of God.

I've read this many times but I have never really read it. If you choose God, you have the right to become his Child, you become Born of God. WOW!, goes along with the verse that says we are a royal priesthood, set apart. We bear the name of Jesus if we are His Child. This should not be taken lightly, it's a responsibility, and a blessing we won't ever fully understand!

Praise the Lord that I am a child of God, set apart, let me not take this lightly or take it for granted.

No comments: