Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Corinthians 9

Verses 22-27
To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. Do you now know that in a race all runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in teh games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not fight like a man beating the air. No I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.


The couple of things I take away from this passage are as follows:
1. Paul says he becomes all things to all men so that by all possible means He might save some.
Interesting isn't it? He was desperate to reach the lost. By whatever means possible. Are we?
2. Talking about runners who go into strict training to get a crown that won't last....
Paul talks about fighting for the crown that lasts forever,

Are you desperate to reach the lost, and are you confident enough to do so believing that the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE will equip you and meet you where you are at?

No comments: