Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Choosing Joy

I woke up this morning after a really nice long rest. I've discovered the nice allergies I now have after moving south. So I'm not feeling so good. Our house has been a big stress ball lately because of finals and stuff so needless to say not a whole lot of fun has been had!! Driving to work I was like ugh I don't feel good and I have a long day ahead, and I started praying, and listening to the praise music I had playing in the car. Woah was I slapped in the face!!! Something came to me and it was like God whispering, Choose Joy! Life is full of choices, I can wake up and choose to have a crappy attitude, be angry I haven't had any quality time with my husband, that I'm sick etc, or I can thank God that I woke up and have a job to go to, and that I have a good husband, and that I have a Big God that loves me deeply!! So okay given the fact I had been up 30 minutes before I chose Joy, didn't start out correctly but ended up and am having a good day and much better than I would have had I chose bitterness. I came upon these verses Romans 12:11-13.
Never be lacking zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope patient in affliction faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice Hospitality....
I looked up definitions and rewrite it like this...

Never be lacking in eagerness, but keep your spiritual intensity serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope patient in pain, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality...

So if you choose bitterness, you won't be eager, you won't have spiritual intensity servant the Lord, if you choose Joy you can have patience in pain, practice hospitality, be eager and diligent in your service to the Lord...


So...........Wake up, every morning...Choosing JOY!!!!

No comments: